22 January 2012

Fifth Day of the Octave


That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter;
R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.

Today's intention is that Christians in America may be one, in union with the Chair of Saint Peter.

O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.

+ + + + +

"My dear friends, we want to realize in our lives that, when we work, we should work in such a way as to earn the rewards of eternal life. Many men work and they work hard, but they do not have a supernatural motive behind them. Some men work very hard, but they work so hard for six days in the week that they are too tired to go to church on Sunday. Now that work is not laying up treasure in Heaven. There is the possibility of doing everything you do in this world for the constraining love of Christ, and then you put a supernatural motive behind it. Not even a cup of water given to a thirsty traveler in Christ’s name goes without its reward."
- Fr Paul of Graymoor