19 July 2011

Substituting...

This is what I usually drive:


On Sunday, I'll be driving this monster:




It isn't easy to find substitute organists during the summer, which is when most church musicians take their well-deserved vacations.  Mr. Murray was able to get one of his Sundays covered, but came up empty for this next Sunday.  That being the case, I'll limp into the breach and do my best at the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Masses.  Thank goodness we have Fr. Moore on the staff, who will be celebrating those Masses while I'm at the other end of the church.  

Notice what I'll be playing for the prelude:


It's Wenn wir in höchsten Nöten sein (When we are in deepest need) from Bach's Orgelbüchlein.  Well chosen, don't you think?

Needless to say, we're all looking forward to Mr. Murray's return...