30 January 2011

Quiet, but not by choice...

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for a while.  During the ten-day pilgrimage in the Holy Land, internet service was a bit slow and sporadic.  In addition to being almost completely absorbed by the spiritual experience, God gave me my own little "thorn in the flesh" in the form of some rather severe pain in my jaw and in several teeth, which got worse after my return.  Additionally, I had to make a quick trip to Houston on the second day after my return from the pilgrimage, all of which has kept me from sharing some of our experiences in Jerusalem, Galilee, and Samaria.  I have a medical appointment to determine the cause of this maddening pain -- I'll be starting with my dentist, and see what he has to say.

This whole business with my jaw and teeth has been combined with an almost complete loss of my voice, which meant that I celebrated only one Sunday Mass.  I am so grateful to Fr. Moore and our two terrific deacons for making sure everything went smoothly while I was back at the rectory, nursing my pain!

I hope to be back to normal in a few days.  Meanwhile, I'm on some heavy-duty pain medication, and your prayers would be most appreciated...