05 September 2007

Exploring the Covenant

It’s a great experience to have a rather large and well-educated faculty as part of the parish staff. Whether the subject is history, science, mathematics, theology, literature, or any number of other areas of study, there is immediate access to experts in the field. Lately I’ve been having an interesting discussion with a member of our theology faculty about the subject of God’s covenant with His people. I’ve been traveling down the path of maintaining that the old covenant and the new covenant are really one covenant. He and I are having some fascinating discussions about it. We’re doing some reading, including a work by the Holy Father on the subject. As our conversations continue, I’ll write more about it. I’m very grateful to be surrounded by highly capable people who enjoy these kinds of theological explorations. It’s one of the joys of being the pastor of a parish with such an excellent Catholic academic institution.