19 January 2014

Second Day of the Octave


That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter;
R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.

Today's intention is for the return of the Eastern Orthodox Christians to communion with the Apostolic See.

O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.

+ + + + +

"My dear friends, we see all around us saintly souls, not merely in the priesthood or in the religious life. We meet them in the daily walk of life as we come in contact with pious, holy Christian men and women of prayer, men and women who from their childhood have always been most anxious to do the things that pleased God, to listen to that still, small voice, who never undertook any important thing in life until they first sought wisdom and guidance by prayer or taking counsel with some godly servant of the Most High, and we admire those fellow-Christians, and why should it not be so with all of us?"
- Fr Paul of Graymoor