18 January 2012

Octave begins today...


That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter;
R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.

Today's intention is for the return of the "other sheep" to the One Fold of our Lord Jesus Christ.

O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.

+ + + + +

"As the Immaculate Heart of Mary, His Mother, beats in perfect union with the Sacred Heart of her divine Son, we can readily perceive how dear the cause of Catholic unity is to her also. It should be your desire, as loving Children of the Atonement, to be united in all things with the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and, therefore, we too should ardently desire the return of the 'other sheep,' particularly those of the Anglican household of faith, to the unity of the one fold under the one supreme shepherd, the Pope of Rome."
- Fr Paul of Graymoor