19 February 2011

The passage of time...


Recently I spoke to the members of the local Serra Club.  This organization fosters and promotes vocations to the priesthood and religious life, and is an important component in forming healthy vocations.

It had been some twenty-seven years since the last time I had spoken to our local group.  My invitation then had been extended probably more out of curiosity than anything else.  I had just been ordained under the terms of the Pastoral Provision, and it was something of an oddity to have a married, former Anglican, as part of the archdiocesan presbyterate.

Time has passed, and lots has happened since then.  I never could have imagined all those years ago that the next time I spoke to the Serrans, it would be to explain the importance of Anglicanorum coetibus, and to tell them about the influx of hundreds of Anglican clergy throughout the world who will soon be priests in the full communion of the Catholic Church.

As I headed home after speaking with them, I had a good talk with God, thanking Him for letting me be a small part of this wonderful thing which is coming to pass.