18 January 2010

First Day of the Octave


That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter;
R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.

January 18: For the return of the "other sheep" to the One Fold of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The first day's intention is for all those not in full communion with the Successor of St. Peter, and is a "general intention" which will be made more specific in the successive days of the Octave.

Let us pray. O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.