03 November 2009

On pilgrimage...


Please pray for our safe travel as I take a group of our Upper School students on pilgrimage to Rome, Assisi, Florence, Orvieto and Siena.  We'll be gone from November 4th, returning November 13th.

My first visit to Rome was when I was part of the small group working on the Book of Divine Worship.  Now, having lost count of how many times I've been, there's a new excitement with the possibility of the Apostolic Constitution being made public at any time... maybe while we're there...?  That would certainly make this pilgrimage stand out!

Whether or not that happens, I always love taking our students there.  It's almost like experiencing it for the first time all over again, seeing things through their eyes. 

I'm looking forward to a time of spiritual refreshment, and to spending some time with these wonderful students.
O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve all those who travel; surround them with your loving care; protect them from every danger; and bring them in safety to their journey's end; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.