29 May 2007

Heading off to Washington, D.C.

I'll be at Catholic University and the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception for the Anglican Use Conference, 31 May - 2 June. Deacon Orr and I are heading up a day early to spend some time with former parishioners Bill and Kathy Noel (whose son is preparing for the priesthood -- one of our old altar boys!).

I'll be back in San Antonio on Saturday night, and Deacon Orr will be staying for a few extra days to spend time in Arlington with Fr. John DeCelles (also one of our former parishioners).

Pray for the success of the conference. On Friday evening I'll be preaching at Evensong, which will be at the Dominican House of Studies, just across from the National Shrine. It will be nostalgic for me -- it was nearly twenty-five years ago that I was staying at the Dominican House to take my final examinations before ordination!